Quand j'etais au Yellowstone NP, j'ai rencontre une californienne a qui j'ai demande ou aller sur la cote et qui m'a repondu sans hesitation "Big Sur". Donc, j'ai ete a Big Sur, logique. Cette partie de la cote est vraiment belle (la cote est plutot belle partout) mais Big Sur n'est pas vraiment sur la cote, il est cache dans une petite vallee parallele, dans la foret. J'ai loge au lodge du Pfeiffer NP (State Park, pour etre correcte) et j'ai debarque dans le minuscule village pour aller boire un pot. En realite, il y a un bar au lodge mais il est vide apres 7h, vu que tous les voyageurs qui logent la ont plus de 70 ans hors saison. J'ai trouve un Irish Pub au village, appele "The Maidden", je recommande. J'ai bu 2 Guinness et quelques Smithwicks dans l'espoir d'eviter la gueule de bois, que j'ai eue le lendemain evidemment. Je me suis retrouvee, je ne sais pas trop comment a jouer aux des avec les locaux (2 irlandais, un local qui joue du piano comme un bulldozer, un couple de LA, 4 australiens et les 2 barmans). Un dollar le jeu plus un dollar si pas qualifie (je fournis les regles a la demande, c'est plutot amusant comme jeu). J'ai perdu plein et gagne une fois. Resultat : + un dollar, pas mal hein? J'ai aussi beaucoup balade pendant la journee ;)
PS Meme pas saoule.
When in Yellowstone, I asked where to go on the coast to a lady from California, she said without hesitating "Big Sur", so I went to Big Sur. Logical. That part of the coast is beautiful (which one isn't?) but Big Sur is not really on the coast, it's hidden in a valley in the forest. I stayed at the Pfeiffer SP lodge (did I tell you that I love NPs? I guess, yes) and I went to the tiny village to have a drink. They actually have a bar at the lodge but it was empty at 7 because all the travellers who stayed in NPs are over 70 this time of year. I found a Irish pub in the village, called The Maidden, I recommend it. I had 2 Guinnesses, and a couple (or two) of Smithwicks in a pathetic attempt to avoid hangover, and an hangover the next morning, of course. I was caught, I don't know how, to play dice with the locals (2 Irishmen, one local who played piano like a bulldozer, a couple from LA, 4 Australians and the 2 bartenders). I loose a lot, and I also won once. Result : + one dollar! Not bad he? I also hiked a lot during the day ;)
PS Meme pas saoule.
Big Sur Valley
When in Yellowstone, I asked where to go on the coast to a lady from California, she said without hesitating "Big Sur", so I went to Big Sur. Logical. That part of the coast is beautiful (which one isn't?) but Big Sur is not really on the coast, it's hidden in a valley in the forest. I stayed at the Pfeiffer SP lodge (did I tell you that I love NPs? I guess, yes) and I went to the tiny village to have a drink. They actually have a bar at the lodge but it was empty at 7 because all the travellers who stayed in NPs are over 70 this time of year. I found a Irish pub in the village, called The Maidden, I recommend it. I had 2 Guinnesses, and a couple (or two) of Smithwicks in a pathetic attempt to avoid hangover, and an hangover the next morning, of course. I was caught, I don't know how, to play dice with the locals (2 Irishmen, one local who played piano like a bulldozer, a couple from LA, 4 Australians and the 2 bartenders). I loose a lot, and I also won once. Result : + one dollar! Not bad he? I also hiked a lot during the day ;)
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire